11 December 2009

Geier

I'm a bit behind with this, but it's been sitting on the table for a while waiting to be painted. This is the (first) figure I sculpted for Black Orc Games "Mini Sculpt" program. You can buy these for $1 each here:

Geier of the Carrion People

Buy enough and I may even get to see a share of the profits. ;) Mainly I did it to see how my (very) modest sculpting skills would translate through the molding and casting process.

The arms are separate, fit into the shoulders and can be rotated in a variety of poses (ball and joint type socket.

I'm not thrilled with the colors I ended up using, it was just the first idea to pop to mind. I think I'll paint a couple others up in different colors. Click to get the full sized pic.


Any feedback is appreciated. I've got a couple of other slow moving sculpting projects in process and would love to get feedback, criticism, advice, etc. so I can improve. You don't even have to sugar coat it. ;)

3 comments:

  1. This is very nicely done! I saw these a month back, I really need to order some.

    I think you should be the one to give advice on the sculpting. :)

    I was thinking about sending something to Black Orc sometime, as soon as I get better with sculpting that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy is really cool! and at $1, certainly tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey neat!
    A little late, I know, but I just stumbled onto your blog. I picked up this figure a few years ago. Cool to 'find' the person who made it!

    ReplyDelete