08 December 2011

A Day To Live In...



Today I turned 40 years old.

I usually do a Pearl Harbor themed graphic for my birthday. But since I've been recently obsessed with WWI aviation, and I love this photo, I went with it. It's a Handley Page O/400. I found it at Breguet's Crash Files.

I'm actually expecting one in 1/72 kit form sometime this week, along with what should be the end of my WWI plane purchases -- at least for the moment. I still need to buy the remaining flight stands and a mat.

I finished the Sopwith Triplane... barely. I almost gave it up for a bit of terrain as a wrecked plane. It was that much of a pain in the ass to assemble, and really does look pretty bad. Photos forthcoming.

I was wondering if this was standard Revell quality, since the two Airfix planes were of pretty different quality. So I opened a S.E.5a and was pleased to see that it looks much better.

I've got a lot of thoughts running through my head about wargaming at 40. I'm going to let them roll around in there a little longer before writing anything (if I write anything at all.)

11 comments:

DeanM said...

Holy cow. That plane looks huge. I didn't know they came in large back then. Best, Dean

Inkub said...

All the best:) Magic birthday, some say, I didn't notice that though:)

Vaken said...

Happy birthday ;)

The Colour Kiwi said...

Happy birthday :)

Paul´s Bods said...

Happy birthday :-D

Cheers
paul

ZeroTwentythree said...

Thanks.

Dean, the planes came in Large, Extra Large and Super-Size:

http://www.aviastar.org/air/germany/zeppelin_r-14.php

Lasgunpacker said...

Happy birthday!

Any chance of a squadron shot?

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Forty????....I got shoes older than you...Happy Birthday

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Ray Rousell said...

Happy 40th birthday!!!

ZeroTwentythree said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.